Black salt is currently one of the most popular condiments globally due to the wide range of benefits it provides to the body. It is a type of unrefined salt that has been used since ancient times in India and has a volcanic origin.
Its salt power is considerably less than that of traditional salt and its texture is quite similar; although a characteristic of black salt is that it has no smell whatsoever.
The benefits of black salt and its composition
Concerning the chemical composition of this type of salt, it contains many minerals such as sulfur, iron, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and sulfur compounds.
People with sodium problems
Salt is a very commonly used food product; it is added to virtually all dishes.
However, traditional salt, if consumed in excess, can lead to a wide range of health complications, such as hypertension due to potassium iodide and aluminum silicate.
Thus, black salt is presented as a fantastic alternative for those people who want to take care of their health.
This type of salt has a wide range of health benefits. On the one hand, it is a natural laxative, so it helps improve intestinal transit and avoid problems such as constipation. On the other hand, it has visual benefits. And finally, it does not increase sodium intake.
Of course, you have to take into account that black salt has a high sulfur content, so it is not recommended to abuse it.
Skin and hair
The benefits of black salt go beyond the body; they also affect the skin and hair. It is a 100% natural healing ingredient to treat dry skin. As for the hair, it strengthens it remarkably while stimulating its growth, repairing it from the root.
The best recipes with black salt
In the kitchen, black salt has become one of the star ingredients when it comes to preparing a large selection of dishes.
On the one hand, it is an ingredient that attracts a lot of attention and makes the dishes more appetizing. And on the other hand, it has a wide variety of health benefits.
Vegetable salad with black salt
- 125 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 1 green pepper
- ¼ onion
- Black salt
- First the chickpeas are cooked. Once cooked, the next one must be kept cold.
- Then the onion is chopped and placed in a bowl with a little salt to remove some of the spiciness. Dice the tomato and chop the pepper. Put both ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl prepare the salad. First put the chickpeas as a base and then the pepper, tomato and onion. Add the olive oil and sprinkle with black salt flakes.
Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
Wholemeal toast with peppers and anchovies
An exquisite option for an aperitif at a dinner or lunch with friends.
- Salad tomato
- Wholemeal bread
- 1 red pepper
- 1 black pepper
- Black salt
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil
- Put the wholemeal bread in the oven until it is toasted. Meanwhile, cut the anchovy fillets in half and put them aside.
- Put a dash of oil and sauté the peppers, previously cut into pieces, in the frying pan for a few minutes. Cut the salad tomatoes into cubes and start to assemble the lid.
- The wholemeal bread acts as a base. Spread the cheese cream and a dash of skin on it. Place the tomato and anchovies. Then add the sautéed peppers and sprinkle with a little black salt. Delicious!