Find out how to treat fibromyalgia and ensure more health and quality of life to enjoy family moments.
Body aches, difficulty concentrating, and forgetfulness. These are the classic symptoms of fibromyalgia. This health problem must be controlled so that it does not evolve rapidly and further compromise the body. Therefore, there are several ways to treat fibromyalgia.
The causes of fibromyalgia are related to several factors. Such as genetics, physical or psychological trauma, autoimmune diseases, sedentary lifestyle, sleep disorders, and depression. But, although these are common points in the origin of the disease, there is no consensus on its onset.
Therefore, the diagnosis is made according to the patient’s reports and palpation tests of the painful areas of the body. To prevent or reduce the effects of this problem, we have prepared this post with tips on how to treat fibromyalgia, as well as showing its difference with chronic fatigue. Check it out.
What are the risk factors for fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia has, in addition to common causes, some aggravating factors that increase the chances of its occurrence.
See the main risk factors for fibromyalgia:
- Sex: fibromyalgia is more prevalent in women than in men;
- Family history: family members who have the condition, especially first-degree family members, increase the chances that other family members will have it;
- Rheumatoid arthritis or lupus: these diseases increase the risk of fibromyalgia taking hold in a person’s health.
What are the main symptoms of fibromyalgia?
Before knowing how to treat fibromyalgia, it is ideal to understand that its symptoms may even be similar to those of other acute and chronic diseases.
Learn about the primary symptoms of fibromyalgia:
- Generalized pain: pain throughout the body, which manifests as if the person had suffered some blow or injury;
- Cognitive difficulty: not being able to pay attention, not being able to concentrate on tasks that require concentration and organization, and “clumsiness” in the way of expressing oneself;
- Headache: unusual and persistent headaches are common symptoms;
- Tingling in the hands and feet: the disease primarily attacks the bones and muscles
- Palpitations: this sensation of the body and heart pounding, similar to nervousness, is another sign of this problem;
- Forgetfulness: this is one of the ways fibromyalgia manifests itself.
What is the difference between fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue?
Although fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue have similar symptoms, they are different problems that require unique treatments for each case.
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatologic disease that attacks the bones and muscles, leaving tendons and muscle tissues stiff and sore, even if there is no inflammation. The other symptoms that are common in the most severe cases of this problem are depression, stress, and physical fatigue.
Chronic fatigue is a neurological and mental condition that attacks both body and mind, leaving them extremely tired. The consequences of this condition are stiffness and lack of strength, impaired concentration and memory, and fever.
How to treat fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia requires the intervention of medical specialists for treatment. They may recommend lifestyle changes or prescribe medication.
Regular exercise helps reduce and delay the effects of fibromyalgia on the body and mind. In addition to giving you a better quality of life, avoid stress and depression.
2. Eating right
Eating healthy foods goes a long way in regulating the body’s functioning. In addition, fruits, vegetables, and vegetables, as well as other foods of the type, guarantee essential vitamins for the body, ideal to answer the question of how to treat fibromyalgia.
3. Use of medication
Antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and other types of medications can be prescribed to treat fibromyalgia. Especially, when the severity of the problem is greater.
4. Acupuncture sessions
This ancient method of treating body pain helps relieve physical and mental stress caused by fibromyalgia.
Therefore, sleeping well, relaxing, having pleasant activities and hobbies, reading, watching movies, sunbathing, are also means of how to treat fibromyalgia. In the end, good daily habits are a way to diminish the effects of this disease and ensure well-being.