A clean, blemish-free, and glowing face is desirable by all. However, few are blessed with a perfect skin type that is radiant and without a spot. Others have to face the problems of pimples, acne, blackheads, and whiteheads sometime in life.
All these blemishes may not affect men. But women are very conscious of their looks and strive to create a beautiful appearance. There are ways to eliminate whiteheads formed due to the clogging of skin pores with oil, dust, bacteria, and dead skin cells. These whiteheads are mainly found amongst people with oily skin, teenagers, and pregnant women. This is because of hormonal imbalance. Whiteheads appear on cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead and are whitish or yellowish.
- Since we know that whiteheads are a common problem with oily skin, make sure that you clean the face frequently with mild soap to get rid of excess oil secretion. . Do not use the exfoliating sponge that may irritate the skin; instead, gently rub it with fingertips. Do not rub but pat dry the face with a soft towel or tissue.
- Steaming the face is beneficial as it helps to open the clogged pores. Boil water and take it in a wide-mouth bowl. Take a towel to cover your head and bend over the steam to permit it to heat the face and open the pores. If you do not wish to do this, dabbing your face a couple of times with a napkin soaked in hot water and squeezed dry will work fine. After the pores open, gently scrub the face and rinse it well. After this, close the pores using good toner, astringent, or rubbing ice cubes wrapped in a cloth.
- Avoid oil-based beauty aids and use minimal makeup. At night do not sleep without removing the makeup. The skin needs to breathe freely when we rest.
- A good face mask aids in removing dead cells and thus gives a glowing look. A quick fix face pack would be a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it evenly and then rinse off after it is dry.
- Blemish of any kind has to be treated with care. Do not touch your face without washing your hands with an antiseptic soap. Please do not allow the germs on your hand to come in contact with the whiteheads or acne, as it can aggravate the matter. A word of caution – leave the blemishes alone; do not pick them with nails as there are chances of infection and spreading of the pus/dirt on the cleaner part of the face.
- Avoid sunbathing, as the ultraviolet rays may harm the sensitive skin treated with acne medications.
- Drink plenty of water and include greens in your diet. This helps detoxify your body and protects you from illnesses and skin problems.
- Skin eruptions like acne, pimples, whiteheads, etc., are caused not only due to skin tone and dirt but also due to mental stress and anxiety. So keep your mind calm and stress-free; the inner state of composure will automatically reflect on your face, making it glow.
Skin blemishes are common. There is no need to panic or get disturbed. Just take simple measures to combat these problems, and you will have a healthy, radiant, beautiful face to show off; for severe issues, consult a dermatologist.