Our body is like a machine that works non-stop. Apart from the time we sleep and rest, our body is constantly on the move, undergoing some physical exercise. However, all this makes us very tired and if we do not have enough stamina to see through the day, we experience fatigue.
Here are some ways in which you can overcome fatigue and always be active.
- First and foremost, to remain active and sprightly the body requires adequate rest. It is advisable to sleep early and fulfill the mandatory 7-8 hours rest. Children need more sleep than adults since they are subjected to greater deal of activities at home and in school.
- Another cause of dullness that many overlook is lack of proper hydration to the body cells. Drink enough water to keep cells and tissues hydrated so that they are supple and active. Dehydration induces lethargy because the body lacks the lubrication and flexibility of movement.
- “Eat healthy and stay fit” should be every individual’s motto in life. A healthy, balanced diet with all the nutrients in required quantity for the body gives adequate nourishment and helps to ward off diseases. A hearty breakfast with combination of simple and complex carbohydrates and good amount of protein not only satiates the hunger but also give instant energy to prepare for the day’s work. However, avoid eating fatty food since it makes you feel “heavy” and thus unable to move actively. Lean proteins like chicken breast, soya, fish, and egg whites keep hunger at bay for a long time.
- Just as it is advisable to eat healthy diet, it is also necessary to maintain proper proportions of meals. It makes sense to space out the meals and eat smaller portions every 3-4 hours instead of gorging on heaped plateful at one go. This is essential to maintain a good metabolism and allow proper digestion of food.
- It is a wrong notion that exercise makes you tired. In fact, exercises tone up your muscles and “wake them up”. The body and mind feels alert and pepped up after the workout. If you do not wish to indulge in heavy exercises, then simple aerobics are sufficient.
- Fatigue is caused when the mind is exhausted and the body too gives up and there is no enthusiasm to perform any tasks. Under such circumstances, techniques like yoga or meditation help to put the mind and body back on track. Spend some quiet moments meditating and that will relax your body and mind. By the end of the session you feel rejuvenated and raring to go.
- Many illnesses like heart problem, diabetes, arthritis, etc can cause fatigue in most cases. It is in the best interest to get periodic health checkup done to ascertain the cause and get timely remedy. Besides the health conditions, the medications that follow can have effect on one’s body and its ability to perform. If medications make you feel weak and lethargic, inform the doctor to get it changed.
- Finally, it is essential to watch our weight. Eating healthy implies eating essential nutrients in a balanced diet form in adequate portions. This gives nourishment to the body as well as maintains the weight. Over feeding or excessive fatty food makes a person obese and obesity is definitely a cause of fatigue.
A proper and healthy diet, sufficient rest and sleep, enough exercise and a hydrated body, and a calm, relaxed mind are good weapons to fight fatigue.