Do you need to lose weight, but have doubts about whether to start dieting or exercising? This is a good question to answer before starting either activity or even both at the same time.
There are several ways to lose weight. But, each of them will lead to a different result. Therefore, when choosing between diet or exercise, always assess which is the best solution, aligned with your goal. For example, a lean menu is less caloric, while physical activities will burn body fat in less time.
In this post, we will solve this doubt about diet or exercise, which is common among people who need to lose weight and explain the advantages of both. Read on.
Diet or exercise, what is the difference between them?
Diet is a reorganization of your daily menu, made to provide more health.
There are several types of diets, but, in this case, we are talking about a diet that should prevent the accumulation of calories in your body. Therefore, a diet in this sense is made to lose weight, ingesting good nutrients and making you lose weight slowly.
On the other hand, physical exercises are a set of activities that aim, first of all, to give more vigor to the body. Swimming, running, walking, weight training, cycling, among others, are examples of exercises to gain endurance, muscle tone, and, of course, lose weight.
However, to be effective, they should be done at least two or three times a week, for about 30 minutes.
What are the advantages of the diet?
The diet will provide all the substances required by your biotype, the way your body and your organism behave. Thus, it will adjust all meals, from breakfast to dinner and even desserts, to provide the calories, vitamins, minerals, and energy your body needs.
Among the main advantages are:
- Weight loss;
- Better mood;
- Improved well-being;
- Avoid problems related to the digestive system;
- Improved mood;
- Prevent diseases that come with age, such as osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s disease;
- Reduce the risk of diabetes;
- Increase the health of the blood system.
- What are the benefits of exercise?
Exercises should be done properly and with the guidance of professionals, especially for weight loss. For this, intensely practicing activities searching for rapid weight loss can lead to health problems.
- See the main benefits of practicing physical exercises:
- Improved physical disposition
- Increased physical strength
- Improved mood, reduced risk of cancer, weight loss, improved mental health, helps sleep, controls blood pressure, regulates blood sugar, combats anxiety, prevents depression and other disorders, strengthens the immune system.
- How to lose weight by combining diet and exercise?
To get the best out of diet or exercise, a safe way to do it is to combine both parts. That is, do each of them in a constant and orderly manner, to lose weight quickly and without harming your body.
In this way, while the diet will provide everything your body needs and you will not gain weight, the physical activities will use the nutrients from the meals, enhancing their effects on the body.
What kind of physical exercises can I do?
There is a great variety that you can do. However, always check the one that best suits your routine, profile, and physical possibilities.
Consult a list of simple exercises to practice:
- Weight training
How to have a balanced diet?
To achieve good weight loss results, without the risk of getting sick from eating too little or fewer nutrients than the body needs, always consult a nutritionist. Some tips work for almost everyone who wants to lose weight.
- Weight loss diet tips:
- Eat more fresh fruits, such as apple, pineapple, papaya, pear and avocado;
- Prefer vegetables and legumes at lunch and dinner;
- Avoid processed foods;
- Reduce consumption of carbohydrates, such as pasta, bread and pastries;
- Eat more fish instead of red meat;
- Drink plenty of water and natural juices, preferably without sugar.
- Losing weight is not difficult when you use a diet or exercise in the right way for your biotype. Therefore, invest in these practices on a daily basis, for more health and disposition.