The human being has always theorized about the future that awaits us, who wouldn’t want to know what tomorrow has in store for us?
And that is why thinkers, philosophers and celebrities from all eras have left us their ideas on how to prepare ourselves or how to focus on that future that is uncertain for everyone, but that we must face in the most positive and relaxed way possible.
Positive and motivating phrases
Next we present you a compilation of 70 positive phrases to focus on the futurewe hope they will inspire you!
You can use any of them to reflect on your personal goals or to share with that friend who wants to redirect his or her future.
1. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Believing in oneself opens the doors to a better future.
2. I never think about the future, it comes too soon. (Albert Einstein)
The future is closer than we think.
We cannot always build the future for our young people, but we can build young people for the future. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
Education is necessary to build a better future.
4. Every time you make a decision, you change the future. (Deepack Chopra)
Every decision we make affects us sooner or later.
5. The future begins today, not tomorrow. (Pope John Paul II)
What we build today remains in the future.
6. It’s more fun to think about the future than to dig into the past. (Sara Shepard)
The future is open doors, the past is closed doors.
7. There’s a past and there’s a future. The present is but the only second that divides them from each other. (Laini Taylor)
Living in the present is more difficult than it seems.
8. If we start a fight between the past and the present, we will realize that we will have lost our future. (Winston S. Churchill)
The future is built on the past and the present.
Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from trying to control it. (Kahlil Gibran)
The future will come and no one knows what it holds.
10. We yearn for the future because it is simpler than admitting that we are miserable in the present. (Robyn Schneider)
Idealizing the future is a common mistake if it is not supported by a realistic present.
11. I don’t know what weapons will be used to fight World War III, but World War IV will be fought with stones and sticks. (Albert Einstein)
For a better future for all, we must work in the present.
12. It’s amazing how a little bit of tomorrow can repair yesterday. (John Guare)
In the present we can rectify the errors of the past.
13. True generosity towards the future consists in giving everything in the present. (Albert Camus)
Work today and enjoy tomorrow.
14. When you pronounce the word future, the first syllable already belongs to the past. (Wistawa Szymborska)
The future is just around the corner.
15. There’s no past and there’s no future. All there is is is now. We can acquire experience from the past, but we cannot relive it; and we can wait for the future, but we do not know if there is one. (George Harrison)
The only real thing is now.
16. Education is our passport to the future, because tomorrow belongs to those who are preparing today. (Malcolm X)
A good education is our cornerstone for tomorrow.
17. Imagining the future keeps you going, but you never get to it. You only use the future to escape the present. (John Green)
Don’t obsess about the future because now is the important thing.
18. It is not an irrational fantasy that in a future existence, let us see what we think our present existence is, like a dream. (Edgar Allan Poe)
We also tend to idealize the past.
19. The past was always there, lived inside you, helped you become who you are. But we have to put it in perspective; the past cannot dominate the future. (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
Who you were yesterday doesn’t dictate who you are tomorrow.
20. People are always getting ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow is not preparing for them. He doesn’t even know they’re there. (Cormac McCarthy)
That it happened tomorrow nobody knows.
21. The future is already here, only it’s not evenly distributed. (William Gibson)
There are those who live in one moment of history and those who live in another because of class differences.
22. The only thing that makes life possible is a permanent and intolerable uncertainty: not knowing what comes next. (Úrsula K. Le Guin)
An open future where we can be who we want to be.
23. It’s possible to get ahead, no matter how hard it seems. (Nicholas Spark)
In life we have to work hard to build a better future.
24. The future is something that cannot be shattered, because it has not yet had the opportunity to be something of truth. (Sarah Dessen)
We can build or destroy the future, it’s up to us.
25. A generation that ignores history has no past and no future. (Robert A. Heinlein)
Yesterday makes us who we are today.
26. The future is uncertain, but it can bring us good things. (Jennifer Niven)
Tomorrow doesn’t have to be any worse than today.
27. I’m an optimist. And anyone interested in the future should be. (Arthur C. Clarke)
The future can be wonderful if we do our part today.
28. The only limit to our achievements in tomorrow are the doubts we have today. Let’s move forward with strong faith. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
Fight today for tomorrow’s peace.
29. I am not interested in a future that can break ties with my past. (George Eliot)
We must not forget where we came from.
30. “Today” will die tomorrow. (Algernon Charles Swinburne)
When today is over, a new day will begin.
31. The future is the least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, because the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is illuminated with eternal rays. (C.S. Lewis)
Live the present because tomorrow has not yet arrived.
32. Some lie about the future because they want to forget the past. But some will lie about the past because they think it will give them a future. (Laura Dave)
Each person’s past only affects her.
33. Why don’t you focus more on where you’re going and less on where you’re coming from? (Amy Harmon)
We must be positive about the future and not defeatist about remembering the past.
Don’t destroy what you want to have in the future. (Suzanne Collins)
Without him now there will be no tomorrow.
35. Many people believe that we will never travel to the future, but I believe we do it every night. You sleep and when you wake up incredible things have happened: treaties have been signed, stock market values have changed, there are people who have broken up with their partner or have fallen in love in other parts of the planet where life goes on… (Albert Espinosa)
Time never stops.
36. Trying to predict the future is like trying to drive along a country road at night without lights, while looking out the back window. (Peter F. Drucker)
The future is uncertain because it hasn’t happened yet.
37. The future promises only one thing: surprises. (Steven Erikson)
Rejoice in what tomorrow holds for you.
38. Build a future for yourself based on the materials you get along the way. (Michael Cunningham)
Building our future depends on the present.
39. Let’s make our future in this moment, let’s make our dreams of tomorrow come true. (Malala Yousafzai)
Let us fight for a better future for all.
40. I’m here today, maybe I won’t be here tomorrow. (Indira Gandhi)
We live in the present, we must take advantage of it.
41. How am I going to live today according to the tomorrow to which I am committed? (Tony Robbins)
Maybe we should do things we didn’t expect in the future.
42. The future belongs to us, because we have taken care of it. We have the commitment, we have the resources, and we have the strength… to share the dream throughout Africa of clean water for all. (Johnson Sirleaf)
Humanity will be better in the future, it only depends on us.
There is nothing like a dream to create the future. (Victor Hugo)
What we long for today, we’ll get tomorrow.
44. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would shatter, I’d still plant my apple tree. (Martin Luther King)
Any change you make today will have an impact on tomorrow.
45. Yesterday is only a dream, tomorrow is only a vision, but today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every morning a vision of hope. (Kalidasa)
Living in the present is our best option.
46. The most important thing is this: sacrifice what you are now for what you can become tomorrow. (Shannon L. Alder)
Fight to build your own future.
47. The great victories of the future must be won by man, and only by man. (Robert G. Ingersoll)
The great deeds to come are created in the now.
48. Why should we look to the past to be prepared for the future? Because there’s nowhere else to look. (James Burke)
The past teaches us how we don’t want to live in the future.
49. A good future is implicit in the soils, forests, grasslands, marshes, deserts, mountains, rivers, lakes and oceans that we have now, and in the good things of human culture that we have now. (Wendell Berry)
We must preserve nature and culture.
50. People don’t seem to realize that the future is the way it is now. (Russell Brand)
In the immediate future there are no major changes.
51. The direction in which a man’s education begins will determine his future life. (Plato)
Without education we will be nothing in life.
52. Sometimes we have to immerse ourselves in the tears and fears of the past to water our future gardens. (Suzy Kassem)
Facing your own fears makes us stronger.
53. You can only take the steps toward the future you desire. It’s not guaranteed to be there. For this reason, you have to live inside every beautiful or frightening thing that happens to you, because the present can be all you have. (Amanda Howells)
Tomorrow is just an idea in a man’s mind.
54. The future is not written. (Bruce Sterling)
When the future is the past we will be able to learn from it, until then it will only be mere conjecture.
55. Young people talk about the future because they don’t have a past, while old people talk about the past because they don’t have a future. (Boyd K. Packer)
In life we learn from our mistakes.
56. The future is a fraction of a second away. (Ana Monnar)
The future is here!
57. If you want a vision of the future, imagine a shoe stamped on a human face, forever. (George Orwell)
Orwell had a very peculiar view of the future.
58. We can pay our debts to the past by indebting the future to ourselves. (John Buchan)
We must not mortgage our future.
59. The future is in heaven. (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk)
Maybe in space exploration?
60. When a man realizes the great spiritual forces within him and begins to use them for science, business and life, his progress in the future will be incomparable. (Bruce Lee)
Bruce Lee tells us about our inner strength, our determination.
61. Think of tomorrow, the past can’t be fixed. (Confucius)
The past cannot be changed.
62. What we want in the future is almost always the image of a lost and imagined past. (Graham Swift)
We long for tomorrow what we don’t have today.
63. The present is where you can really shape your future. (Amanda Howells)
The future begins now.
64. All we have is the now, this moment. If you live in the future, you’ll miss things, right here, right now, and you’ll regret it later. (Jessica Therrien)
Knowing how to value the present will make us value the future more.
65. We must wait for the future to be shown. (Virginia Woolf)
Let’s wait and see how events show.
66. We have to know the truth about the past to discover the future. (Patti Callahan Henry)
If we don’t know where we came from, we won’t know where we’re going.
67. I like dreams about the future more than the history of the past. (Thomas Jefferson)
The future can be encouraging just as the past can be discouraging.
68. Let’s sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. (A. P. J. Abdul Kalam)
Tomorrow is decided by our actions today.
69. The best preparation for tomorrow is to give your best today. (H. Jackson Brown, Jr)
Do your best in all aspects of life.
70. Happiness is not something you leave for the future; it’s something you design for the present. (Jim Rohn)
Your happiness begins when you really want it.